Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wahooooo!

I've been waiting what seems like forever for my latest parts order to come in. So in the meantime I have been looking for stuff to do on the car without getting too far ahead of myself. I decided to see if the vacuum pots for the carbs would polish up. I took some metal polish and some 000 steel wool and went to town. They came out nice and still look original.


I also pulled the spark plugs, shot a little PB Blaster in each cylinder, removed the big steel tow bumper and gently cranked the engine with the manual crank. It turned freely! I am super excited that the engine is not seized, that means that there may not be a need to rebuild the engine. I am still planning to check the compression in each cylinder later.

Some other good news; I found a treasure trove of info on the internet this past week.
This link is to a very thorough restoration with tons of pictures
 http://www.dbraun99.com/mgtd15470/MG%20TD%2015470%20Restoration.html

And this link is to a bunch of videos on youtube dealing with MG stuff
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Universitymotorsltd#p/u/57/7GRAcqDySog

Very cool. Also, my parts will be arriving on Monday so I should be able to get the fuel system back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment