Tuesday, February 2, 2010

closer and closer

I made a lot of progress this past weekend, between sledding on the snow with the kids. It started snowing last Friday and dropped 7inches overnight. We had a ball out playing. But in between my snow frolicking I did manage to turn a wrench or two on the MG. I got the coolant system back together, which was harder than I anticipated. I also managed to snap one of the bolts that holds the fan blades onto the brand new water pump pulley. That part is cursed. I decided to skip trying to get the broken part out and get to that later. I'm going to keep moving forward. I also set the gap for the valves and got the valve cover cleaned up and the surface of the head cleaned and the gasket and valve cover installed. New sparkplugs are gapped and installed. New points are installed and gapped. I had to replace the wire that goes from the points on the distributor to the negative on the coil. I also cleaned and polished the coil and cleaned and painted the coil bracket. After looking at the sparkplug wires I decided to replace them so a new parts order ensued. The flexible hose that goes from the block to the hardline of the oil gauge needs replacing, and I ordered a new filter and o-rings for the oil filter.

I really feel like I'm getting closer to attempting to start this beast. I can't wait.

Sorry, no pictures right now. I have been working on Kristin's new website www.cruxcraft.com 
We're really proud of it and hope it does well.

That's it for now, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment